Tuesday 24 July 2007

Out of the boiling pot and into the fire

When you arrive late, leave early, spend too much time testing how quickly you can stir your coffee without it spilling over the edge and generally fill your 'Things to do today' list with the following

Make coffee 5mins
Drink coffee 10 mins
Pick up emails from hotmail 5 mins
Read magazine 20 mins
Lunch 90 mins
etc.

It is time to reassess where you want to be and what you want to be doing. So i did.
So here i am entrenched in my new office, at my new desk.
I think i now have the record for how long before your 'Things to do today' list starts with 'Make coffee'. I can count it in hours ; )

It defines me, makes me stronger, allows me to develop people management skills, manage emotions etc etc. It will make me a better boss in the future! (are you convinced?)

1 comment:

Al said...

Excellent - my to do list has a permanent "make coffee" at the top.